In our CWiT Talent series you can meet professionals from across the industry working in various roles. Learn about their experiences and get inspired for your own tech journey!
Name: Lucy Lu
Company: New Relic
Position: Technical Account Manager
Tell me about you and your role?
- I’m Technical Account Manager in New Relic
- My role is to help customers to use our products, such as provide best practices and answer technical questions.
Tell me about your career path so far?
- I started my career as a software engineer in China
- Then I came to Dublin for my MSc in computer science.
- After I graduated, I joined New Relic as a Technical Support Engineer which is a more customer-facing role. I really like to use my technical skill and help customers to get what they want.
- Then I moved to the current role which is Technical Account Manager. I can more proactively contact customers and help them to achieve a longe term goal.
What do you like about working in tech?
- I really like the environment. Most of the people I work with are very smart and friendly, that I can learn a lot from them. It also gives you a lot of flexibility as working hours and locations. You can basically work anywhere and anytime. And the pandemic has proved it.
- The industry is developing very fast. There are always new things that come out. You never feel bored from learning all the innovations.
Share 1 insight for someone looking to enter the tech industry?
I’d say don’t be afraid when you feel something you don’t understand. Be patient and spend some time learning it. Keep a learning mindset because there’s always something you don’t know and it’s especially true in the Tech industry.